Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits

I spent a long time trying to come up with story for this recipe.  I just wasn’t feeling particularly inspired for some reason.   But as I sit here and try to come up with a story, I am reminded that sometimes the most special things in life don’t have much of a story.  For example, the times when I would just sit outside and watch the sunset, sit in silence with a friend in a time of need, or spend an afternoon in my pajamas reading a book.  Even though these isolated instances don’t have much of a story behind them, they are memorable in their own way.  So I guess that’s how I’ll look at this post: one that celebrates the simple, often overlooked things in life.  

Biscuits are kind of the same way.  They are simple, but their simplicity makes them fantastic.  There are no fancy ingredients, no tricky technical steps, nor do you need special equipment to make them.  I kind of like that about these biscuits.  They’re simple, but they’re memorable all the same.


What you need:

For the biscuits:

2 ¼ C Bisquick
2/3 C milk
½ C raisins
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 heaping tsp cinnamon

For the glaze:
1/3 C milk
5 Tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla (you can omit this if you don’t have any on hand)

What you do:
Preheat the oven to 425°F.  Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.  Mix all of the biscuit ingredients together in a large bowl until a thick dough forms. 

Scoop the batter into 8 mounds and flatten slightly.  Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. 



After taking the biscuits out of the oven, prepare the glaze.  Whisk together the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla if using and pour over the warm biscuits.

The glaze for these biscuits is optional, but I would definitely recommend it.  It adds just the right amount of sweetness to the biscuits.


Check out some more Bisquick recipes!


Recipe inspired by bettycrocker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment