Friday, April 18, 2014

Greek Yogurt Brownies

Life gets busy, especially this time of the year.  With there being only three weeks left until the end of the semester, my schedule has been pretty packed with studying for exams, group projects, preparing for my dance recital, and end-of-the-year club activities.  

These brownies are a great way to offset all of that school stress.  These are the easiest brownies I've ever made, and believe me, I’ve made a lot of brownies in my life.  You don’t have to measure oil or crack a single egg! They are quick to throw together and can bake in the oven while you review for your upcoming exams. 

What you need:

1 18.3 oz Box of your favorite brownie mix
¼ C Water
1 5.3 oz Container Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
½ C Chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top

What you do:
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9X13 baking pan.  Stir the brownie mix, water, and yogurt until nearly combined and then add the chocolate chips, if using.  Spread the batter into the prepared pan. 


Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over the top, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the brownies start pulling away from the edge slightly, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.




These brownies are chewy, and aren’t as fudgy as traditional brownies.  You can taste a little bit of the sour tang from the Greek yogurt, but since I used vanilla yogurt rather than original, the sourness was not very pronounced.  

The best news about these brownies (besides the fact that they are super easy to make) is that they have Greek yogurt, so they're totally a health food, right?   I mean, they have added protein, calcium, probiotics...  


I'll use that as an excuse when reaching for my second helping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment