Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Asian Tuna Salad

This post is coming a few days earlier than normal, but that is because my family is going on vacation until May 31st!  My sister won the ASCAP (a music composition award), so we will be spending a few days in New York City attending a ceremony honoring her achievements before heading on a cruise to Bermuda!  Needless to say, I am very excited!  I won’t be able to post while I’m gone, so I will leave you with this recipe and then share photos and stories upon my arrival back home.

Let’s talk tuna! 

To be honest, I hated canned tuna for the longest time.  It’s still not one of my go-to foods, but I have grown to tolerate (dare I say enjoy?) it more.  This recipe is a unique spin off of traditional tuna salad.  Instead of mayonnaise, the binding agent here is a miso salad dressing my mom found at Costco.  


This dressing is great!  I love it on top of my mom's homemade garden burgers. 

What you need:

1 3.5 oz can tuna
2 Tbs chopped carrots
2 Tbs chopped celery
1 Tbs chopped green onion
1 Tbs peanuts


What you do:


Drain the tuna.  Combine all ingredients and serve with crackers, over a bed of lettuce, or on toast.



I'll see you all in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment